11/12/2012

Fuck Y! Gallery

Title pretty much sums it up. Y!Gallery can go hang.
I recently got reported for violation of Y! ToS because of that work:
now, guess why I've been reported?
I received a notification stating that I indeed violated Rule#1.
Rule#1 states that all characters must be male and present male body feature.
Riiiiight... at that point I started to giggle nervously and my left eye started twitching.
before going on a homicidal rampage I decided to wrote to the mods to get the answer to that simple question: "the fuck?!"
and here is what I received:

"I checked into your case and the problem is not that he is considered feminine, the problem stems from the side view of the character where his pecs resemble rounded breasts which is currently a violation of rule 1c. I'm truly sorry, I know this is very frustrating, but until the rule changes are approved by our site owner, Asiandude, and we are told differently, we must follow the rules as they are currently written."
that's pretty much the face I made

That answer, my dear friends, implies, at best, that Y! mods are moronic and at worst that Y! is bullying artists out of their website. That also means that half of my works could get deleted from Y! for the same reason, that submitting further work of the same nature would be a game of russian roulette and that Y! staff do not give a flying fuck about being unfair to artists. Well, congrats Y! I'm not submitting anything anymore on your site and I do hope you'll hit rock bottom soon.

I therefore declare Bring Out The Meat my official den. (and the creation of the Ygallery sucks and rant labels).
Yay! go me!

16 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that, you are totally right to be pissed. because I have no doubt that that stud is %100 man beef, and let me tell you I wouldn't wanna be on the wrong side of his muscle rage. Power to the pecs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, you are like the billionth person to be banned for the same reason. It's true, they are a bunch of yaoi fangirls who can't handle the bara muscle pectit movement. Don't ever change rent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendi, he hasn't been banned dammit. Rent, simply throwing up your hands and giving up is not a wise decision. Send a message to the moderator discussing why you feel their decision was in error; after all, it's quite clear that that's not a woman; he just has extremely large pecs. See if you can get the decision appealed; in all honesty I feel it's worth it to raise some hell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean you don't accept their decision, why let it drive you off the site? Fight it! Or is is really not worth your time to try?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a lot of time and energy and I'm short on both of those at the moment. Plus I don't really feel secure on Y! anymore. I got a whole lot of other works that could be reported on the same grounds and I will not last long if have to put on a fight every time I submitt. I recently read someone explaining to me that hyper is kind a strange kink (well in my opinion it's not even half as strange as gore, shota, tentacle and other shit) and that we were tolerated on the site... that pretty much sums it up.

      Delete
  6. I support your decision, rent. It is their loss, not yours. Your artwork must be appreciated by its importance without such irrational and unexplainable censorship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My God, I love men so muscular that has gigantically muscled pecs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you're overreacting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it may seems so: I havn't been ban or even been asked to leave. but the fact is that Y! do not care for its artists as it should and frankly working and submitting consumes enough energy without having to deal with haters and trolls.

      Delete
  9. Bonjour Rent (hé oui, un francophone!), je suis tes oeuvres silencieusement depuis un bon moment sur Y! et sur ce blog, .
    Je suis de tout coeur avec toi ! Les modérateurs de Y! dépassent les bornes, ça devient n'importe quoi. Sois assuré que nous, admirateurs de ton talent, continuerons à te soutenir et à admirer ce que tu fais, où que tu le postes. Un blog personnel est toujours la meilleure solution, dépendre d'autrui a toujours des inconvénients...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly, Y! gets really weird about that one particular thing. I've seen so many people give up because of that alone.
    If you feel like you need a second place to put your artwork (for both exposure and security's sake), there's always tumblr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup. thanks for the advice. I was considering opening a tumblr but I got lazy ^^

      Delete
  11. YOU know, Asisdud'es likelt to be handijng the site over to another soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Surprise! Y! Fuckery has closed from this idiocy and terrible management.

    ReplyDelete